Available 7 Days/Week       MON - FRI  8am - 7pm       SAT - SUN  10am – 6pm
Call us (850) 805-6900
Apply Now

UPDATED Fort Walton Beach Sewer Spill Notice – July 1, 2021

Update (July 8, 2021):
The Florida Department of Health in Okaloosa County (DOH-Okaloosa) has lifted a health advisory for the areas of the creek near Lakeview Road, Bass Lake and Don’s Bayou in Fort Walton Beach. Sampling of the waters in that area have resulted in bacterial levels below the advisory level. 

For more information about the potential health effects of wastewater overflow, residents and visitors are encouraged to contact DOH-Okaloosa at (850) 833-9247 or visit www.HealthyOkaloosa.com.  

Original Message:
At approximately 8 a.m. on Thursday, July 1, 2021, the City of Fort Walton Beach Public Works & Utility Services Department was notified that the sanitary sewer force main located just behind the green of the fifth hole on the Pines Course at the Fort Walton Beach Golf Club ruptured and was overflowing. City crews were dispatched and stopped the three contributing lift stations at 9:17 a.m., decreasing the flow.

City crews are still working to repair the force main and cease the sanitary sewer overflow. City staff estimated a flow of approximately 100 gallons per minute between 8-10 a.m. Since 10 a.m., the flow is estimated to be 30 gallons per minute. The flow was completely stopped at 11:30 a.m. City Staff estimates that 25% of the spill is soaking into the surrounding ground while the remaining 75% of the overflow is spilling into a creek just north of the above referenced address. This unnamed creek ultimately leads to Bass Lake which is located about one quarter mile downstream.

Once repairs are made, all lift stations will resume normal operation and the spill site will be cleaned. Plans for clean-up are to treat the affected area with hydrated lime. Going forward, City staff will take direction from the Department of Environmental Protection on surface water sampling as a result of this spill. Both the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Health in Okaloosa County have been notified. Once the spill has ceased, the City will update the Public Notice of Pollution accordingly.

GC Force Main Break Map
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Image Slideshow
Hide Contact Info: 
Display Contact Info Block
Hide FAQ Title: 
Select a Page Type: 
Advanced Features: 
Only display pages that are in this page's microsite: 
Hide Documents Title: 
Alternate Title: 
UPDATED Fort Walton Beach Sewer Spill Notice – July 1, 2021
Fort Walton Beach Florida

#santarosabeach, #santarosabeachfl, #santarosabeachmortgage, #santarosabeachmortgagerates

*Assumes 2.799% APR, 20% down payment, and conforming 30-year fixed rate first mortgage on a single family, primary residence. The monthly payment you enter includes only principal and interest. Additional required amounts such as taxes, insurance, home owner association dues, assessments, mortgage insurance premiums, flood insurance or other such required payments should also be considered. Not all individuals will qualify for a mortgage loan based on the payment entered. Rates cited are for instructional purposes only; current rates are subject to change at any time without notice.  **Posted APR is based on Mortgage Assumptions
 
Copyright © 2021 Fidelity Home Group supports Equal Housing Opportunity | All Right Reserved  | NMLS Identifier 1834853. Fidelity Home Group is not affiliated with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). Not intended for legal or financial advice, consult your own professionals if such advice is sought. Accessibility Statement  | Consent to Receive Electronic Loan Documents  |  Cookies Policy   |  Disclosures  | Email and Mobile PolicyFair Lending Policy  |  Mortgage Assumptions  |  NMLS Consumer Access  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use 

rosemary beach mortgage, rosemary beach mortgage rates, rosemary beach mortgage lender, rosemary beach mortgage broker, rosemary beach mortgage calculator, mortgage broker near me