Fort Walton Beach Police Department to Host 9/11 20th Anniversary Ceremony
On Saturday, September 11, 2021, the Fort Walton Beach Police Department, along with many other public safety partners, will host an emergency/first responder vehicle procession and commemoration ceremony in honor of our fallen heroes of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the tragic event.
“May we never forget. This rings true each day and even more so as we approach the 20-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on American soil,” said Fort Walton Beach Police Chief Robert Bage. “Our department, along with our area first responder partners, have put together a fitting ceremony to honor the first responders who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. We invite everyone to witness and be a part of this solemn event, and to help us honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their fellow Americans.”
5:50 p.m. – Emergency/First Responder Vehicle Procession begins at the Emerald Coast Convention Center. The route follows Miracle Strip Parkway to Perry Avenue, to Eglin Parkway, to Racetrack Road, ending at Joe Ethridge Stadium at Choctawhatchee High School (see map).
6:20 p.m. – Procession ends and ceremony begins at Joe Ethridge Stadium (110 Racetrack Road NW).
The ceremony will include:
- Master of Ceremonies Ted Corcoran
- Invocation by Commissioner Mel Ponder
- Presentation of the colors by the Hurlburt Honor Guard
- National Anthem by SSGT Clifton Brown III
- Welcome Remarks by Chief Robert Bage and Mayor Dick Rynearson
- Remarks by 9/11 survivor Rick DeSantis
- Benediction by Chaplain Marty Mclean
- Music by Emerald Coast Pipes and Drums (Amazing Grace) and Reid Soria with Autism Sings (God Bless America)
- Folding of the American Flag/3-Shot Volley by the Fort Walton Beach Honor Guard
- Tower spotlight and moment of silence
Blue Knights Motorcycle Club, Crestview Fire Department, Crestview Police Department, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Florida Highway Patrol, Fort Walton Beach Fire Department, Fort Walton Beach Police Department, Milton Police Department, Ocean City Wright Fire Control District, Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, Okaloosa Island Fire Department, Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office.
#santarosabeach, #santarosabeachfl, #santarosabeachmortgage, #santarosabeachmortgagerates