Employee Spotlight: Trina Bradley
Meet Trina Bradley, utility billing specialist for the city’s Customer Service Division. Trina’s main responsibility is to ensure the weekly utility billing process goes smoothly for more than 10,000 accounts. Essentially, she is the quality control for your water bill, looking for anomalies like unusually excessive water usage and possible billing issues. She catches these problems and works with customers to correct the issues, often before the bill is ever sent.
Trina joined the city team in 2018 as a customer service teller and moved into her current role a year later. Prior to coming to work for the city she was a stay-at-home mom, raising her children and working on various tech and film projects. When asked why she likes working for the city, she says, “I believe in the mission (of the city). And, I agree with everything the city says and does.” Trina takes her work very seriously and has a wonderful sense of humor. She loves problem solving and she loves working with people, two qualities that make her perfect for her job. She also speaks highly of her coworkers and appreciates everyone’s willingness to work together to “get it right.”
Trina was born into a military family that moved around and settled in Fort Walton Beach where she graduated from Choctawhatchee High School. She has raised six children and loves being a mom. Trina’s professional life is quite interesting. She created and successfully launched a mobile game, has a YouTube Channel, produced award winning short films, and is heavily involved in community outreach through her church. She and her husband, Aaron, live in Fort Walton Beach and spend every day loving each other and their blended family. Getting to know Trina Bradley:
- Hobbies? Knitting, writing and watching movies.
- Favorite place to visit? The Oxford Exchange (a restaurant, bookstore, lifestyle gift store, coworking space, design studio and event venue in Tampa. https://oxfordexchange.com)
- Who do you admire the most? “My husband, Aaron. He is the kindest, most genuine person I’ve ever met. He is perfect for me.”
- If you could learn anything, what would it be? Molecular Neurobiology.
- Favorite movie quote? “There are two ways to live well, you can be smart or pleasant. I’ve been smart for years, and I recommend pleasant.” Elwood P. Dowd, Harvey.
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be? “Albert Einstein. I love everything about him.”
- Something about yourself that would surprise others. “My all-time favorite song is the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky. I listen to classical music when I work from home.”
August 14, 2021