Employee Spotlight: Jasmin Myrick
Meet Jasmin Myrick, police officer for the City of Fort Walton Beach Police Department. Jasmin began her career in law enforcement with the Florida Highway Patrol where she worked as a regional duty officer for three years providing dispatch services. She joined the Fort Walton Beach Police Department in 2018 as a dispatcher and became a police officer in 2020. Today, she is a patrol officer and traffic homicide investigator for the department working the midnight shift and assists in dispatch when needed. She works tirelessly to protect Fort Walton Beach’s residents, businesses and visitors. Jasmin loves working with her squad. “They are all amazing, and they don’t make me feel like the ‘new guy’,” she says. She takes pride in being a positive role model in the community and helps kids understand all the good things available to them in FWB.
Jasmin grew up in Fort Walton Beach and is a “proud local” serving her hometown. She attended Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University (FAMU) in Tallahassee and moved back home to FWB to be near her family. Her entire family loves to cook and is always in the kitchen together, especially on holidays. She also adores her many nieces, nephews and cousins. Getting to know Jasmin Myrick:
- Hobbies? Kayaking, hiking (with her dog), and reading
- Favorite place to visit? The Caribbean. “I love going on cruises.”
- Who do you admire the most? “My parents. They have always supported my dreams and crazy ideas.”
- If you could learn anything, what would it be? To fly a plane.
- Favorite movie quote? “I’m not bad, I’m just drawn this way.” Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Something about yourself that would surprise others. “I’ve always wanted to be a motivational speaker that focuses on self-love and mental health.”
July 24, 2021
#santarosabeach, #santarosabeachfl, #santarosabeachmortgage, #santarosabeachmortgagerates