Employee Spotlight: Dennis Felse
Meet Dennis Felse, the City’s utilities inspector. Dennis has been in this role for the last 15 years and spent seven years prior in the City’s sewer collections division. He is a long-time employee with a vast knowledge of the City’s sewer system. Dennis is responsible for the inspection of all sewer lines throughout the City and works to prevent and fix problems in the sewer system. He uses specialized camera equipment to inspect the lines, identify issues or potential issues, and works with homeowners and businesses to resolve problems. The work he does is not something anyone often thinks about – until you need him! That’s when he becomes the most important person around. Dennis says he likes helping residents and that most people are appreciative and great to work with. He also has a lot of respect for his coworkers and the City he serves.
Dennis is the third oldest of eight children and grew up in Rockford, Ill. He spent 13 years as a delivery driver for a florist in the Rockford area and moved to Fort Walton Beach in 1999 looking for a change. He found it when he signed on with the City that same year. Dennis is known to crack a smile every now and then and loves to make day trips to Biloxi on the weekends. Getting to know Dennis Felse:
- Hobbies? Metal detecting on the beaches and going to Biloxi.
- Favorite place to visit? The Hoover Dam
- Who do you admire the most? People who give their best all the time.
- If you could learn anything, what would it be? To be a better typist.
- Favorite movie quote? “Do you feel like wow now?” Rose-Ann, A Patch of Blue
- Something about yourself that would surprise others. “I actually have a sense of humor.”
June 26, 2021